Reset public link

Often I make a flowchart or wireframe public and share it with someone. I would like to have the option to change that public link so they no longer have that visibility and I can still share it with other people without them having to log in.

It should say something like: “reset public link”.

Is that not a function of the new guest feature?

You can quickly check and change the current level of access for a file or folder by hover over the access icons on the left side of your avatar (this includes board shared with other workspace members, with guests or with anybody who has a link) :

Click on the icon and you’ll also be able to change the permissions!

Sorry @Darta , this is not a solution. There are many cases where forcing externals to create an account will mean they will simply pass on participation on the document and its content.

There are many usual cases, where one still might want to keep access-by-link, yet needs to renew the link itself.

• A person left the projekt
  • A link got leaked by accident
  • The sensitivity of the information changed

Right now I’d have to delete the document and create it anew, which is cumbersome and breaks all existing internal links, permissions, etc.

Hey Stephan, Jade here from the Whimsical team! :wave:

Thanks heaps for the feedback and the different use cases where renewing the public link may be helpful. I’ve added your feedback to our feature request board, but in the meantime, would our password feature work for you?

This allows you to keep the same public link, but you can add a password to the link if there isn’t one if any of the use cases you mention crop up. And, if a password already exists, you can change that password whenever you need to update the access to the public link.

2022-11-29 10.54.12

Hopefully, that will help for now, but we always welcome more feedback and thoughts if you have them! :blush:

Hello Jade,

Yes, this solves the immediate issues, even if the access is less frictionless.

TY

1 Like