Ability to add custom Icons

Hi. First off, thanks for the amazing app. I was a long time lucid charts user. But the moment I saw this one, I had to switch. The simplicity and ease of use is unparalleled and that goes a long way from user’s point of view.
I have one suggestion, however. The ability to add custom icons is something I am missing a lot. It can greatly benefit organizations and design teams that have internally designed and understood icons, signs or symbols for easier information processing in both whiteboard sessions as well as when creating wireframes.
Not sure how this feature sits with the minimalist approach of the app but I do believe in it’s utility for a lot of teams besides mine. I hope you consider it.
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Would love to be able to import Font Awesome license so we know we can use the icons we wireframe with.

I don’t understand limiting icons to whatever you’ve imported. Icons are standard SVG file types. Let us add whatever icons we’ve drawn or downloaded from [Noun Project Search](https://Stick figures on the Noun Project!) for example
I want something for vocal tract

There’s no way you could think of all the icons we might need. Please let us use our own icons !

Thanks for the awesome mindmapping tool, loving it so far.

ADD VISUAL TOPICS AND NOTES TO MIND MAPS

Custom icons would potentially solve my problem. I want to add images to mind map topics.

Currently, we can add an icon to mind map topics but cannot resize them or choose where to place them.

Please add a custom icon feature AND enable these icons, when placed into a mind map topic, to be:

• Resized (by dragging on a corner, maintaining the aspect ratio)
  • Moved (top, bottom, left or right) within the topic

This completely solves my problem and adds an very useful feature to Whimsical mind maps: the option to use visuals as well as text within topics.

Now, the only feature left is to add NOTES to topics so the topic can be clarified without adding so much text to the topic.

Here is an example of a Mind Meister mind map with such visual topics and a Note. The Note is displayed by hovering your mouse over the Note symbol which pops-up the note, or by clicking on the Note symbol which opens it in a separate window.

1 Like

Thanks for the example Paul!

We don’t currently offer custom icons, but I’ve added your +1 to the internal card we’re tracking for this feature request. :+1:

Regarding attaching notes to your mind map, linking cards to your nodes may help you out for now. If you write your note on a project card, and then link that card to your node, you can then click the node to expand more detail. Here’s what it could look like:

Linking nodes to cards

Hope that helps! :blush:

1 Like