βœ… Request: Sequence Diagrams

It would be a great addition to whimsical if you could create basic sequence diagrams!

1 Like

@thomas You should already be able to build them. Here are two basic copy-cats I created using flowchart elements:

This looks pretty awesome! I did not succeed in such. I’ll give it another try!

1 Like

Good news, everybody! Whimsical now has a native tool for creating sequence diagrams. Here’s an article that should help you get started: Getting started with sequence diagrams - Whimsical Help Center
updated sequence

1 Like

Sequence diagrams – is the largest reinforcement for the whiteboards in recent times. Most latest changes have been focused on documents or other things. Thanks!

1 Like

First of all thank you for this new feature. We had been using Whimsical to draw sequence diagrams before this addition and it makes the process a lot more pleasant.

One thing it is missing is the ability to easily represent activation boxes (those white boxes over lifelines that represent ongoing processes) as far as I can tell we still have to manually draw a white rectangle over the lifeline which is easy enough but difficult to move and resize later.

In the example below it would be very useful to be able to show that the message to actor 2 initiates a process that later results in the response to actor 1 (maybe a way to extend those thicker blue lines ?) :