UML block elements

Would be great to have UML style blocks:

It would be great to have a specific shape with a little more intelligence than standard rectangle shapes; somewhere between tabs and tables.

Real UML notation is fairly simple, though I think you could get away with something even simpler:

• A coloured header component
  • Lines of text that would expand as needed
  • Connectors could link to the block or a line of text
  • Perhaps a separator line, or “add section” button

Cheers,
Dave

7 Likes

Been wanting this as well! Have moved to using Whimsical for everything except UML – using tables doesn’t quite cut it. Would love to replace LucidChart

Same! I Also need that. BTW, Is this picture from somewhere else? If so, I really need that UML diagram style.

Me too, y.y using draw.io till they implement that

Any updates on this? What would be the best way to do a UML style block?

Is there a way to have something like UML blocks? It’s really the only thing I truly miss in Whimsical, the rest is perfect but because of that I see myself using draw.io and I would love to replace it.
Thank you!

Hi :wave:!
I just wanted to let you know that we’re keeping a close eye on this thread and have added +1 to the existing feature request for UML blocks on behalf of each and every one of you.
In the meantime, I’ve found that using rectangles stacked on top of each other works well (make sure you check the example added by @davestewart):

Or you can also use the table element with individual cells: