How to set up a card like the demo video?

Hi there

i am checking out Whimsical, love the idea!
currently cant work out how to setup my cards with checkbox, images, due dates etc like in the promo video,

screen1

…can anyone help?

Hey @Mitch_Palmer! Once you create a sticky note and enter the edit mode, you’ll see all the available formatting options (and image upload) under the symbol ¶ or after some text is highlighted.

For images, you can also copy & paste or drag & drop them.

Hi Darta

I am a Trello power user, but love the idea what Whimsical can do. Are you planning to add any of the following to the cards soon:

1. due date

2. Label Names

3. Multiple Labels

4. Reorder Checklists

5. Checklist groups (multiple within a card)

6. Powerups for things like customisation (eg: add a “value” to the card like $5,000 then add up groups or boards)

7. image covers to cards

even a few of those things would help me switch over.

thanks!
Sent with Shift

Due dates and last updated timestamp would be useful for me.

+1 for due dates in particular.
For me, the way that notion allows me to create fields which are then uniform across all cards made it a proper task-tracking option.

Mainly, i would want:
• due dates
• tags
• last updated

Hi Jack,

Todd from Whimsical’s product team here. Thanks for the feedback!

I wanted to follow up on these requests, particularly tags. We’re currently looking into those and it’d be helpful to gain some more context.

• What are some examples of tags you’d use?
  • If we had tags, what would these allow you to do?
  • Alternatively, what’s your experience today without them?

If it’s easier to do a quick Zoom and talk through this, feel free to grab some time on my calendar!

Book some time

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

I think I can share my view with tags, if we have a good search tools that tag(s) may not a MUST, however, tags is a good way to consolidate across the folder/documents. For example, that I can add tags into different docs/borads/projects… with the status “completed, todo, on hold…”. Somedays, if I would like to check my capacity for next items, I can just get into #todo for it.

Tags is a good way for cross search in one go.

My two cents to share with you. Thank you.