JIRA Integration

Whimsical docs is a game changer for me and my team. I am using docs to capture and “shape” the equivalent of an epic in JIRA. I would LOVE the ability to push the contents of a document into JIRA as an epic and keep the content in sync in some basic way.

Similarly, I would love the ability to push sticky notes into JIRA as stories. We’ve found ourselves doing story mapping directly against the doc /epic content via sticky notes and columns. Would be great to push these stickies to JIRA and then track status via columns like a Kanban board

2 Likes

Interested in this, but if it were for GitLab rather than Jira.

1 Like

Yes, definitely interested in a similar integration - we use Monday.com and would love to be able to more quickly sync/link a Whimsical doc to an item in Monday or ticket in Github. I haven’t used Whimsical stickies as much, but with an integration option, I would likely use stickies more for issue tracking/feature planning

I would be happy to have just a deep link/preview as a card for tasks from Jira or Asana. Notion does this with Asana and Jira.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the suggestions!

We’re starting to plan work around integrations; Jira, Gitlab, and Monday are a few we’re looking into.

We’d love to chat more about how you’d want these integrations to work. If you’re able to, grab some time on my calendar to jam on these ideas further.

Cheers,
Todd @ Whimsical

Hi everyone, we’re very excited to announce that we now have a JIRA integration in the Atlassian Marketplace. It lets you attach Whimsical Boards to your JIRA issues. Let us know if you have any feedback.

Thanks, Daniel @ Whimsical.